[Mailman-Users] --with-mail-gid using postfix

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Wed Aug 14 09:58:30 CEST 2002

> --with-mail-gid=nobody --with-cgi-gid=apache
> --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=apache
>
> mail-gid=nobody is the only one that doesn't give the "wanted 953 / got 99"
> error, but none of the mailman aliases work.  I put some other test aliases
> in the same file as my mailman aliases and postfix uses them just fine.
Try with the ID'S (this is what it wants, not the names).

> Aug 14 00:16:00 2002 (8455) All recipients refused: (111, 'Connection
> refused')

Looks like you need to restart postfix, or whatever your MTA is. Try to telnet
to whatever port you're trying to get it to go to? usually 110, not 111. If
you get connection refused, then you'll know where that problem lies. In
fact, I'd bet that's the entirety of your second problem.

TJW: Head tech, Dreamless Realms
Mud: http://dreamless.wolfstream.net
Snippets http://dreamless.wolfstream.net/
Telnet dreamless.wolfstream.net:9275