[Mailman-Users] Reply-To in 2.1b3 changed

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Wed Aug 14 13:06:39 CEST 2002

This is something that was enabled by you.
To change that, go through the config pages of your individual list, and find
out how to change it back to what it should be.
By default, mailman sets the reply to the USER that posted the mail. Anyhing
other than that is a result of an administrative error.

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 05:59 am, Peter Bengtson wrote:
> In 2.1b3, as opposed to 2.1b2, the Reply-To and To fields now include
> the _entire_  description of the list as configured on the General
>
> Options page. See below:
> >     Subject: Re: [Blah] Question
> >        Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:34:28 +0200
> >        From: Peter Bengtson <peter.bengtson at musikelit.nu>
> >          To: This list is for the discussion of Blah <blah at frob.com>
>
> I have scoured the admin pages and the NEWS document, but I can't find a
> way of turning this off.
>
> Is it a bug? It would make much more sense if it were the _name_ of the
> list ("Blah", in the example above) rather than the list description,
> which isn't always worded to serve as a recipient address.
>
> If it is a feature, I think the design team should reconsider their
> choice, or add a new data field explicitly for this purpose. But to use
> a list description (albeit a supposedly terse one) as the name of a
> recipient is not a very good idea.
>
> 	/ Peter Bengtson

> Searchable Archives:

TJW: Head tech, Dreamless Realms