[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1b3 + Htdig

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Mon Aug 19 13:42:02 CEST 2002

* Richard Barrett <R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk> [20020819 14:23]: wrote:
> At 20:30 17/08/2002 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> >Is the configuration of htdig intergration for 2.1b3 any different than
> >2.0.x ?
>
> Not as far as Mailman config variables are concerned.
>
> >I have done that but on test I get an error:
> >
> >beastie% sudo ./nightly_htdig -v
> >Skipping htdig for list; no htdig setup: freebsd-geeks
> >

> Check whether the directory $prefix/archives/private/<listname>/htdig
> exists and if so whether there is a file called <listname>.conf in it.

It actually worked after I blew away everything and did things from scratch.
I hate the methodology but it does work in experimental situations.

> The per list htdig directory and the htdig conf file in it are created when
> the first message is sent to a list after:
>
> 1. mailman-htdig integration is installed and the archiving for the list is
> turned on.
>
> 2. after blow_away_htdig has been run in the case of archived list where
> mailman-htdig integration is installed.
>
> No message then no htdig setup for the list and hence nothing for
> nightly_htdig to do.
>
> As an aside, are you running nightly htdig as root user or the mailman
> user? If as root then why? Not that this should make any difference to the
> query you've raised.

Runs as mailman.

Thanks

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
						 --from a /. post

++
``That Ariel Sharon. Boy, he sure is controversial.
  Most Western countries would have to have a military coup
  before they enjoyed a leader of that caliber.'' (Sydney Webb)