[Mailman-Users] duplicate admin reminders message

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at jnawk.net.nz
Tue Aug 20 10:20:32 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I've searched through the mailing list and FAQ and I'm not sure how to
approach this issue. I'm running the Debian package 2.0.12-1, IIRC, with
Exim.

Each morning I get my admin reminders at 0530 local time, as I've told
cron. However, at around 0628ish for the last two mornings (that was when
I gave myself a pile of admin requests) I've been getting a duplicate one.

I've tried my usual strategies for figuring this out. The list only has
one admin address, and that address only redirects to one address. ID
numbers in the headers are different, as well as the date header.

So, to cut a long story short, I strongly suspect cron, but I can't see
anything that would execute at 0628. The requisite Mailman lines of my
cron are...

> MAILTO=""
> 30 5 * * * python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests ; python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs ; python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip -v >> /home/ahkitj/mailmanlog.log
> MAILTO=""
> 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner
> MAILTO=""
> 30 5 1 * * python -S /usr/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds

Is this likely to be where my problem is? <speculation /> Or is it Exim?
Or does someone want to see a pair of the e-mails I'm getting?

I guess it's not a big problem, as I only have one serious 'production'
list. But it is piquing my curiousity.

Thanks, regards, Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Ah Kit - Lower Hutt - New Zealand
jonathan at ah-kit.dropbear.id.au - http://www.ah-kit.dropbear.id.au/