[Mailman-Users] Automatically reject - how?

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Fri Aug 23 02:52:42 CEST 2002

Greg, (and other who have said similar things),

There's this tiny little problem with that suggestion. From the website link to
"Mailman 2.1 info" I find this:

Current Version

Version (2.1b2, released on 05-May-2002) is the current development release of
the next version of Mailman. Although, stable, it should not be used in
production environments. Instead, please use the latest stable release.

Since manually clearing these messages is hardly a problem for a test site, and
according to the developers this version isn't ready for a production site, the
upgrade doesn't solve a significant problem. I'd love to take advantage of 2.1,
but as one who too-quickly installed 2.0.12 and shut my lists down I'm waiting
until a week after the developers consider it ready to run.

Van

Greg Westin wrote:

> I haven't tried this out, but just looking at the settings available, you
> should be able to do this without any extra scripts or cron jobs if you
> upgrade to 2.1b3.  It adds lots of different options, including one that
> specifies what to do with messages from non-members (Accept, Hold, Reject,
> or Discard).
>
> Greg
>
> <quote who="Borries Demeler">
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering how I could set up mailman so I am not always required
> > to manually delete or reject messages held for approval. I have mailing
> > lists set up such that subscribers are allowed to post, non-subscribers
> > are not. I monitor who subscribes. If a spammer posts, it should be
> > automatically rejected. Now I have to do this manually. Any suggestions
> > on how to accomplish this?
> >
> > Thanks, -Borries

> > Searchable Archives:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,