[Mailman-Users] Postfix as MTA in 2.1b3

Greg Westin greg at gregwestin.com
Fri Aug 23 15:58:03 CEST 2002

I didn't receive any response to my post about the web form for adding
lists not working, but I'm still wondering what the problem could be.  I
still have a feeling that it has to do with the fact that the script is
running as the cgi-gid, rather than as mailman.  When I reinstalled,
without any of my old lists or settings, and tried again, it worked.
However, once I set MTA to 'Postfix', it failed again, with the key line
(I think) being:

---
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/local/bin/postalias
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)
---

So what is going on here?  Does anyone else have Postfix working with
Mailman 2.1b3?  Could you send me your mm_cfg.py file?  This is very
frustrating.

Thank you,

Greg Westin
greg at gregwestin.com