[Mailman-Users] /var/log/mailman files

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Aug 27 16:45:46 CEST 2002

Just out of curiosity...you're not running Mandrake 7.1, are you?  That
release had a strange bug which caused a lot of directories in /var to
fill up with files with those sorts of names, many levels deep.  This
was fixed in 7.2 and newer.
--Bob --

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Charles Sebold wrote:

> On 19 Elul 5762, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
>
> > Looking in my /var/log/mailman directory, I see file names such as:
> >
> > 	error
> > 	error.1
> > 	error.1.1
> > 	error.1.1.1
> > 	error.1.1.1.1
> > 	error.1.1.1.1.1
>
> This probably indicates a problem with your logrotate scripts (that's
> what bumps logfiles with numbers, and optionally compresses them).  Not
> sure where they are in RedHat but in Debian they're in /etc/logrotate* .

http://www.malibyte.net

"The weather is here - wish you were beautiful." - J. Buffett