[Mailman-Users] changing DEFAULT_HOST_NAME after creating lists

Robert bobb Crosbie bobb+mailman-users at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Aug 29 20:02:02 CEST 2002

John P. Looney hath declared on Thursday the 29 day of August 2002  :-:

> > Edit variable DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = <new host name>

>  The problem is that this variable is only accessed when the list is
> created - so for all new lists, the DEFAULT_HOST_NAME will be correct.
>  In the end, I just went to the web page of all sixty lists, and changed
> them manually.
Bit late now, but you could have done something with "withlist"...

cat > foo.py <<EOF

def foo(mlist):
	mlist.host_name = lists.domain.com
	mlist.web_page_url = 'http://lists.domain.com/mailman/'

I think the file has to be called ${function}.py for withlist to find it,
function foo and file foo.py in this case.

Then run it on all the lists.

for list in `./bin/list_lists | grep -v "lists found:" | awk '{print $1}'`
	./bin/withlist -lr foo $list 2> /dev/null

- bobb