[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopped working after changing IP address

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Fri Aug 30 17:49:26 CEST 2002

On Friday 30 August 2002 10:36 am, Walter Stafford wrote:
> Hi,
>      After I changed the ip address of my linux box, mailman stopped
> working. (Our ISP assigned us a new IP number range). I have changed the
> hosts file and rerun the m4 sendmail.mc config script. But somewhere I have
> missed something. I created a  new test list and tried to subscribe to it
> through the web interface but I get no response from it. There are a
>
> lot of files piling up in /home/mailman/qfiles
>
> None of the lists (I have 4) will forward messages or allow new
> subscriptions.   Can anyone help??
>
> Walter Stafford

There's a few reasons that this could be happening (none relating to Mailman
that I know of)
A> Your DNS records haven't bounced back to you yet (in some cases this can
take up to 3d to filter through the 'net).
Personally, I use EveryDNS, with a perl monitor every hour or so. They manage
to get the ip back and registered usually in < an hour and in some cases MUCH
less.

B> Your OLD I.P. address is hardcoded into your MTA somewhere (I believe PARTS
of qmail do this (depending on your distro)).

C> You somehow have your old I.P. address set in your O.S. some other way.
TJW: Head tech, Dreamless Realms
Mud: http://dreamless.wolfstream.net
Snippets http://dreamless.wolfstream.net/
Telnet dreamless.wolfstream.net:9275