[Mailman-Users] Re: Members of a list

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 14:14:17 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 02:32, Faruk Ahmed wrote:

> Where can I see the members of list ? I looked in /home/mailman/lists/.. but
> could not see any file to show members.
>
> I want to keep backup of the lists including members email address and
> configuration of the lists. Does /home/mailman/lists/* cover everything?
> Thanks
>
> Faruk

Yes, backing up /home/mailman/lists/.. will save list configurations and
membership information.  The key file for any list is: config.db

If you want a text copy of each list and its configuration you can use:

/home/mailman/bin/dumpdb -o - /home/mailman/lists/<listname>/config.db

Dumpdb dumps out the config.db database and can also be used to upload
edited text directly into a database.

For further information, see the FAQ and archives.

Searchable Archives:

Good Luck - Jon Carnes