[Mailman-Users] Bad Archive link in moved lists?

Liam Routt liam at routt.net
Tue Dec 10 01:07:35 CET 2002

Jon Carnes wrote:
> This is discussed in the archives.  I believe some folks have even
> donated scripts to help fix this type of problem.  Sorry I don't have
> any examples handy.

Thanks for the pointers, though.

> You can fix it using the "withlist" command, but some of the archived
> examples make it very easy - and remove the trial and error.

With the "withlist" term, I was able to make a search in the archives that 
did locate the sort of thing I was looking for, and I set about making a 
python version of the scripts that people had made.

When I tried it, however, I found that the attributes it was looking for 
are no longer part of the list config information... (I'm using 2.1b5)

I'd based my python code on bin/fix_url.py, which changes a different, but 
important-sounding attribute (web_page_url). So I checked that attribute 
and found it was wrong on the lists I was having trouble with.

To cut a long story short, I then used fix_url.py to trivially fix my 
wonky lists, all of which seem fine now. For reference, the command line I 
used was:

  bin/withlist -l -r fix_url tuesdays -v

Where "tuesdays" is the name of one of my lists. It printed (with the -v 
option) a record of what it was changing, and sure enough the changes were 
present on the web-pages immediately.

If you know where to look.... :)

Thanks, Jon!

Take care,

Liam Routt                                               liam at routt.net
Darcsyde Productions                     http://www.routt.net/Caligari/

        -- still waiting for the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse --

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list