[Mailman-Users] Determining bounced messages

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 17 20:30:01 CET 2002

	I've set up a test list, and added a subscriber address in my domain
that doesn't exist. I've then sent dozens of messages to this list, and
yet I don't see any change to this bogus account's status.

	The Bounce options for the list is set up as follows:

Try to figure out error messages automatically? Yes
Minimum number of days an address has been non-fatally bad before we
take action: 1
Minimum number of posts to the list since members first bounce before
we consider removing them from the list: 3
Maximum number of messages your list gets in an hour. (Yes, bounce
detection finds this info useful) 10
Action when critical or excessive bounces are detected. Disable and
notify me

	My question is: how can I tell if Mailman is detecting bounces? Are
there any other settings that affect how bounces are handled? And can I
see the current "bounce count" for any subscriber?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /