[Mailman-Users] upgrading lists

Bill Hilburn bhilburn at frontier.net
Sun Dec 22 19:05:03 CET 2002

Not sure about 1.1 -> 2.1 upgrade...

When I upgraded from our old server (Mailman ver?) to new server (ver 2.1b5)
after the lists were in place (after install and test of new list) I ran
~/mailman/bin/update and it converted all of the config.db to config.pck.
(new db format...)

Make sure you override defaults from Defaults.py in your mm_cfg.py *first*
specifically DEFAULT_URL_HOST & DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, my mm_cfg.py look like this:

# - start of mm_cfg.py -
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'

SMTPHOST = 'mail.frontier.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.frontier.net'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.frontier.net'

# - end of mm_cfg.py -

Note the add_virtualhost is necessary for Mailman to pick up these assignments.

Hope this helps!

Quoting Ron Smits <rons at ronsmits.com>:

> Afternoon
>
> I have been running mailman 1.1rc1 for far too long :) but I do not want
> to blindly update. So I wanted to upgrade only one list. Steps I
> undertook are:
>
>      1. find a machine ( :) )
>      2. install python, apache, mailman and exim
>      3. create a new list, test, works :)
>      4. tar up a list from 1.1 and untar it in $MAILMAN/lists. This
>         actually works. the list is know, but......
>
> All the member links still point to the old install (so instead of them
> pointing to //http://pc15/mailman/admin/tpe/members?letter=g they point
> to http://<old-domain-name>/mailman/admon/tpe/members?letter=g) How do I
> correct this?
> I already changed in general options the host_name option. but that had
> no effect.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Ron
> --