[Mailman-Users] list admin pw not working -- weird update, troubles, but some more clues...

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Dec 23 21:48:28 CET 2002

I should add that the timestamp on the config.db file DID in fact change after I
changed the list admin password, just not the encrypted password itself.

And no error was given when I made the password change.

Are there mailman logs for login attempts?  Any other ways to troubleshoot this?

And here's the really weird part... when I log in as the site admin to one of
the lists, and go to change the listadmin pw, if I put in the new password and
put in a DIFFERENT password in the confirm new password field and click Submit
Your Changes, I *do not* get an error... when I should, since the password I
enter and the one I confirm are different.  So, why would I not be getting an
error?  I should at least be getting an error flagged somewhere.  But where?
It's certainly not on the list page, and it is not in the Mailman logs either.

Steve
steve410 at cs.jhu.edu