[Mailman-Users] 2 questions...removing headers & viewing bounces

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 28 16:03:15 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:02, Golda Velez wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> Is there any way to view the full bounce responses with headers?  I'm just
> getting the actual message back, with none of the SMTP bounce headers that
> would explain why they are bouncing.  And, I can send mail individually to
> the users on the list with no problem.
>
> My apologies if this is obvious, but I didn't see anything on it in the
> docs I read...
>
> --Golda

Some folks on the list claim to have been able to redirect the bounces
to themselves by changing some aliases, but I haven't been able to
duplicate their feats.  I have modified the source to get the bounces
copied to the local mailman user.

I've trouble-shoot sites with similar problems.  In those cases, the
problem sites were running over-zealous spam protection.  A good test
case is to grab a header/body from one of your Mailing list messages and
construct a text file out of it, modify a few items to make sure you get
the bounces and then drop it into the mail stream while su-ed as user
mailman.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes