[Mailman-Users] Re: autorespond_requests in 2.1x

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Dec 29 21:06:27 CET 2002

    MG> Is autorespond_requests broken in 2.1x, or do I perhaps
    MG> misunderstand its purpose? I'm using 2.1b4 and would like to
    MG> avoid having a request autoresponse sent to a subscribe
    MG> request, or for any other request.

You (or I ;) might be misunderstanding the feature.  Any message sent
to the -request, -join, or -leave address will get a confirmation
message indicating the results of the request.  This isn't
configurable.

In addition, Mailman can send an autoresponse message to messages sent
to the -request address, and this is configurable via the
autorespond_requests variable.

-Barry