[Mailman-Users] Re: cAse SeNsiTiVe

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Mon Dec 30 03:46:17 CET 2002

    J> Hello, I am attempting to set up a list on my website but it
    J> will not allow me to make the name lower case. I have seen some
    J> lists that do allow this and am wonding if I am missing
    J> something here? I even tried to change the case (first letter)
    J> afterwards but it will not allow that either. Any help is
    J> appreciated!

Mailing lists have two "names".  One is the internal name such as
"mailman-users", which is used as the directory name to hold the
list's data, and in the email addresses for posting.  This is always
lower case.

The other is the list's public name, and this you can change in the
General options.  It must be the same as the internal name, except for
differences in case.  E.g. Mailman-Users

-Barry