[Mailman-Users] Re: autorespond_requests in 2.1x

Mark Geisinger list-mailman at lanbytes.com
Tue Dec 31 08:12:47 CET 2002

On Tuesday, December 31, 2002, 12:30:45 AM, you wrote:
> And we've had in 2.0.x subscribers fail to confirm because (as of 2.0.6,
> anyhow), the request could easily be misread as an acknowledgement.  We hacked
> the message a little to make it more obvious.  (Old news now.)

Darn pesky users. ;} I've taken some similar steps here. Even went to some
lengths on the Web site to try to make it as obvious as possible without
actually SHOUTING at them. I suppose the real problem is that some folks just
don't read the stuff. Well, I'm guilty of that on occasion, too. In this case, I
think that Mailman's autoresponses to the sub/remove msgs. is compounding the
problem.

--
Best regards,

Mark