[Mailman-Users] Re: Question about Mailman !!

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Dec 31 19:46:12 CET 2002

Erich Fuchs wrote:
>the only idea i have is to do a parallel installation of Python 2.2.2 -
>and point MailMan to this installation - but i'm NOT sure about this !
>it's also a little dangerous and timecomsuming task (expect 2-3 hours) -
>and i did't want to break your servers config !!!

      I am also looking at having to do this, and would love to hear from
anyone who has done it.  You are correct that updating Python will trash
Ensim.  My Ensim has two versions of Python (neither is high enough) and I
can point things to the other one just fine - so it is possible to have two
installations.  Now I just need to figure out how to install a second
version without messing with the other ones.

<>< Paul