[Mailman-Users] unsubscribing without the use of passwords?

Ralph Haine rhaine at vianetworks.nl
Fri Feb 1 16:37:05 CET 2002

Dear Reader(s),

Currently im trying to help one on our customers solving a problem dealing
with people wanting to unsubscribe from a certain mailing list. The customer
is using mailman for the first time and asked me wether its possible for
people on the list, to unsubscribe without having to use their password.(the
password that they get sent in the monthly reminder)

I've been looking through the FAQ, and the only answer i found is that it
doesnt seem possible what this customer wants.
I didnt find a box to tick/untick which has an option to make it an
unsubscription possible without a password.

On the old mailinglist system this customer was using it was possible.

I would be very pleased if you could answer this question for me. I
personally expect that its not possible what this customer wants.

Kind regards,

Ralph Haine
Via.NET.Works Netherlands Support.