[Mailman-Users] Bounces from Hotmail

Erik van der Meulen e.van.der.meulen at avondel.nl
Tue Feb 5 07:55:13 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 17:57:00 -0500, Jon Carnes wrote:

> A typical way of handling this is either with a pre-processor for the mail
> (like procmail) or to add appropriate text to the "Hold posts with
> header..." (in the web-admin under the Privacy Options).

Thanks for that. I do use procmail and would be able to filter and
ignore those message like that. It seems that the option 'Hold posts
with header' does just do that too.
I would have liked to use the bounce detect feature from Mailman (which
adds to /var/log/mailman/bounces and shuts down user accounts
automatically after a number of pre-specified bounces. I was hoping that
I could adapt its detection mechanism in some way to catch those Hotmal
'mailbox full' messages, rather than just filtering 'm. I use Mailman
1.1, maybe those features are better in new releases?

Best regards.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen at avondel.nl>