[Mailman-Users] Bounces from Hotmail

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Feb 5 16:27:11 CET 2002

Well, you can always write that functionality into your setup.  Filter the
messages out with procmail and have it make a log entry with the offending
mailbox.  Run a nightly or weekly script that rotates your logs and looks
for excessive bouncing.  If someone's email bounces too much:
  #! /bin/bash
  # Find em and delete em from all my mailman lists
  #   $1 is the offending email address to be removed
  LIST="`~mailman/bin/find_member $1`"
  for i in $LIST
  do
    ~mailman/bin/remove_members $i $1
  done

===
I know that you would rather have Mailman do it for you (and one day it
probably will) but thanks to Mailman being Opensource you can extend and
adapt its functionality now.

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes