[Mailman-Users] Monthly password reminder is always sent twice?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Feb 6 15:24:43 CET 2002

Check the cron entry for the password reminder:

  su mailman
  crontab -e

    #
    # 5 AM on the first of each month, mail out password reminders.
    0 5 1 * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
    #

Check for more than one entry that mails out the passwords, or a cron timing
value to active it twice in the same month.  The above cronjob will run at
"0" minutes past the "5"th hour on the "1"st day of the month, for every
month, no matter what day of the week it is (Sun, Mon, ... Sat).  It will
run Python loading the script: /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds.

Jon Carnes