[Mailman-Users] RHL 7.2 and mailman-2.0.8-1.i386.rpm problems

Richard Cardona rcardona at asc.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 6 00:52:22 CET 2002

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere, but I haven't been able to
find it.

I installed the rpm and followed all the instructions in the
/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.0.8/README.REDHAT file.

In a nutshell, it instructs the user to run
mmsitepass
enable sendmail to accept outside connections
add configurations to httpd (ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
--etc)

I've done that.

I can create lists, use the web interface (http://myserver/mailman/admin)

etc...

I can subscribe users, they get a welcome message, all seems to work up to
this point.

***

If I send mail to the list from myserver, I get a message bounced back to
me:

The original message was received at Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:35:47 -0500
from rcardona at localhost

support at hector.asc.upenn.edu
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)

550 5.1.1 support at hector.asc.upenn.edu... User unknown

****
If I send mail to the list from another server, it disappears.

***

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rich Cardona