[Mailman-Users] backing up pending administrative requests

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Fri Feb 8 19:21:02 CET 2002

I finally have a solution to my fried config.db problem.  While I could
copy the config.dbs & relevant files to another machine & make it work,
I copying them to a new install on the same machine didn't buy me
anything.

So the solution is basically: foreach list in old install, make a new
list  with the new install, feed config_list -o from old install into
config_list -i for new install, and copy archives/private/list_name*
over.  Out of the current ~500 or so lists, I have around 6 that have
pending administrative requests.  I can get info out of a dump of
request.db, but I'm not sure what it means, and what will break if I
don't treat them differently from the ones without pending requests.
Where is the info mentioned from the request.db kept & what do I need to
do with it?

Since htdig is compiling without too much pain, I also plan to integrate
Richard Barrett's mailman-htdig patch into the new install.

Any heads ups before I roll this whole thing next weekend?

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst
1 College Circle - 124b1 South Hall
SUNY Geneseo