[Mailman-Users] weird "@" treatment

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Sun Feb 10 16:19:39 CET 2002

%40 = character ASCII 40 (hex)/64 (decimal) = @

> The heading on that page is:
>
> mylist Configuration for sam at abc.com
>
> Eevrything works fine.

Yep.

> But why is the "@" symbol being interpreted this way

Probably because the option "Show member addrs so they're not
directly recognizable as email addrs?" on the Privacy Options page is
turned on.

> and can it be suppressed?

Yes, by turning that option off, assuming that you're the list
administrator.  But be aware that, if you do so, your list archive will
become more susceptible to address harvesters and your subscribers may
receive more spam as a result.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss