[Mailman-Users] Enforcing ASCII in a list

Morgan Fletcher morgan at hahaha.org
Sun Feb 10 22:55:43 CET 2002

alex wetmore <alex at phred.org> writes:
>> Is there a way with Mailman 2.0.8 to filter out HTML and attachments,
>> per-list?
>
> Look at the privacy page (under list admin) for "Hold posts with..."

A lot of the mail encoded with HTML doesn't have anything in the header
warning you the contents are HTML.

I just looked at a message written by a user, using "Microsoft Outlook
Express 6.00.2600.0000", and there's nothing in the header suggesting HTML
is used. The message is formatted with HTML, however.

> There are also two perl-based solutions that can be installed in front
> of Mailman or Majordomo.  I wrote one of them
> (http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html -- it also links to DEMIME,
> the other option) and have been using it for almost two years on my
> lists.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

morgan