[Mailman-Users] Mailman and qmail and vpopmail, oh my..

Robbie Honerkamp honerkamp at danet.com
Tue Feb 12 23:13:55 CET 2002

Fast question: Can I configure mailman to recognize two mail UIDs?

Long version:

I'm running qmail and vpopmail. vpopmail is a virtual domain system that
works with
qmail.

Both programs have their own UIDs: Qmail uses 1012, vpopmail uses 89. Both
interact
with Mailman. Obviously this causes a problem:

    Feb 12 15:41:42 server1 Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.
WANTED gid 89, GOT gid 1012.
    (Reconfigure to take 1012?)

I'm not yet up to speed enough with Python to go mucking around in the
scripts.. are
there any other vpopmail users running Mailman who have solved this problem?

Thanks,
Robbie