[Mailman-Users] Mailman Newbie Questions

Steve Gray grange at umich.edu
Wed Feb 13 00:05:46 CET 2002

I'm new to Mailman and I couldn't find answers to these questions easily
in the documentation:

(1) I'm concerned about mailstorms. What storm prevention mechanisms are
in place? I can see that if we checked not metoo for every subscriber,
that would prevent mailstorms. I have the sense, though, that people
like getting copies of what they post so they can be sure it was posted.
Is there something else that addresses the mailstorm issue?

2) One of the lists I've been asked to set up is more of a newsletter
than a list. They want to be able to send messages to subscribers, but
don't want them to be able to talk back (other than to quit the list).
Will mailman let us do that?

Is there some other place I should be looking for answers to these type
of questions?

Steve

--
Steve Gray