[Mailman-Users] problem changing defaults

Jeroen Valcke jeroen.valcke at belnet.be
Wed Feb 13 14:05:24 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:18:57PM +0000, Richard Barrett wrote:
> Don't mean to be rude but you are editing the mm_cfg.py that doing 'make
> install' put in file $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and not the one in your
> Mailman build directory?

Do you mean, one must recompile everytime you change these defaults?

Indeed I'm editing $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py since this is instructed in
the manual.
I quote from the manual

    - The file $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py contains a number of
      defaults for your installation.  If any of these are incorrect,
      override them in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py, NOT IN Defaults.py!
      See the comments in Defaults.py for details.  Once a list is
      created, editing many of these variables will have no effect
      (you need to configure your lists through the web admin
      interface or through the command line script bin/config_list).

Where prefix is your install dir.
Can somebody clarify this?

jeroen.valcke at belnet.be
http://www.belnet.be