[Mailman-Users] auto-rejecting non-subscriber posts

Jay S Curtis camel at lrllamas.com
Wed Feb 13 14:16:16 CET 2002

I agree with you on stopping spam prior to reaching the list(s),  but some
times it takes a long time before the spammers IP address hits the RBL(s)
(I have 6 RBL entries in my postfix config - ORBIZ, RBL, DS etc.)
There is just no good reason NOT to have the option to auto reject admin
requests based on a simple set of paramaters - IP or DNS block.
The RBL list_reject function will catch up after a while, but until that time
I could be preemptive and take immediate action. ALSO (wish list)
A list of banned address prevented from posting a subscription request.