[Mailman-Users] subscribers counter

Daniel Zeiss daniel at kellnerweg.de
Fri Feb 15 16:14:48 CET 2002

Hi,

> > "IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> > '/usr/local/mailman/lists/medizin/config.db'"
>
> Have you considered a little php script that runs under cron and reads in
> the number of lines in your members file. It could be written to output
> the number of lines to a small text file that could be read back in.

Yes, I have, ..
...but I can not run the mailman programs because I have no root account. And
it seems that my mailman password is not good enough to give it as parameter
to the programs to open the db.
I just can edit my lists from the webinterface. So I was wondering if there
is some sort of webfunction from mailman that I could include into my
webpages.
The problem with cron is also, that I would have to run it every 10 minutes
to have a more or less actual number but this drains ressources my ISP is
perhaps not willing to give me. On the otherhand, if it is something which is
just called when the webpages are visited it is less ressources. (based on a
low traffic website)

bye
	Daniel