[Mailman-Users] Problems Installing Mailman

Bodnyk, Bruce W BBodnyk at fciconnect.com
Fri Feb 15 21:30:06 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm attempting to install Mailman 2.0.8 on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 and am
having problems.
The install seemed to go smoothly up until I created the test list. That
seemed to go ok
and I got an email from mail-owner about the new list including the URLs of
the two web
pages. However when I try and go to them I'm told that the page is not
found.

When I try and send a help command to
test-request at etlinux1.tron.am.fciconnect.com
I get the message shown below. I'm rather new to Linux. It seemed
like the Apache install went OK because I can get to the standard
info page.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Bruce

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  test-request at etlinux1.tron.am.fciconnect.com:
    generated |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test:
    Child process of address_pipe transport returned 2 from command:
    /home/mailman/mail/wrapper

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test ------

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 8, GOT gid 31.  (Reconfigure to take 31?)

Bruce W. Bodnyk
Staff Engineer, CAE Development
FCI Electronics
825 Old Trail Road