[Mailman-Users] locks, max cpu, postfix, qrunner ugliness

Charlie Watts cewatts at frontier.net
Mon Feb 18 04:18:43 CET 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Morgan Fletcher wrote:
> Morgan Fletcher <morgan at hahaha.org> writes:
>
> > I just used bin/add_members to build out the ~1800 members of our mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Now, python (2.0) is wedging itself everytime it's launched:
> >
> >   PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE     TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
> >  4246 mailman   57    0    24M   23M run       8:22 98.44% 98.44% python
>
> I meant to write that qrunner is wedging itself.
>
> > I'm running Mailman 2.0.8 on Python 2.0, NetBSD 1.5.1,
> > Postfix-20010228-pl03, machine is beefy.
> >
> > I think our list is hitting some sort of postfix limitation, but I'm not
> > sure what it is.

Why do you think it's postfix? That doesn't make sense, based on what
you've said.

Anyway, I'd ktrace/strace that python instance, see what it's doing. And
look in your mail logs - is it actively dumping things into postfix, or
has it not even gotten there, or has it started and paused?

Is python just sitting there busy-waiting?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts at frontier.net
Frontier Internet, Inc.