[Mailman-Users] Subscriber options

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Feb 19 08:26:22 CET 2002

    Paul> Currently I see that I can veiw 30 subscribers at a
    Paul> time...is there anyway to view more?

I think you have to hack the source, but it's not hard.  Probably you
don't need to, though.

    Paul> Is there a search feature for subcribers so that I could
    Paul> search for joe at joesdomain.com and be instantly taken to the
    Paul> options for that user?

Not exactly.  The standard member admin page contains not only the
current page of 30 users, but a list of links, one for each page.  So
you can randomly access each batch of 30.

    Paul> In addition to the above...is there an easy way to
    Paul> unsubscribe users without having to use the password
    Paul> feature?

I assume you're referring to the user password; that's irrelevant to
the admin.  Once authorized for the admin functions, the admin just
checks or unchecks appropriate toggles on the member admin page, then
hits Submit.  Only the users need their own passwords.  For the admin,
once authorized, the password is replaced by a cookie, which lasts for
your browser session (although you can explicitly log out if you'll be
away from your desk or something).