[Mailman-Users] Web interface saves no settings or info!

Scott Spence scott at noggon.com
Tue Feb 19 22:17:46 CET 2002

Hi Ashley,

But according to Ted's posting his config.db had the nobody:mailman
permission - not the mailman:mailman permission - so when the cron is run
the permissions will change from nobody:mailman to mailman:mailman
(rw-rw----) right?

To avoid this should the cron be run as nobody:nogroup - and the mailman
group is retained resulting in nobody:mailman?

Thanks for your help with this - I have nearly no hair left!

Scott

 On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> Scott Spence wrote:
>
> > as a matter of interest what happens to the permissions once the cron job
> > runs - are they changed to the cron jobs permissions? (I would expect
> > cron to be run as mailman:mailman)
>
>     If your MM cron runs as the user mailman, it will retain the mailman permissions.
>
> --
> W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130
>   IT Director / SysAdmin / WebSmith             .     800.441.3873 x130
>   Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.            .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6
>   http://www.pcraft.com ..... .  .    .       Boulder, CO 80303, U.S.A.

Scott Mobile: +34 65 337 8573
Fiona Mobile: +34 65 337 8574