[Mailman-Users] Regular Expressions

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 22 01:38:56 CET 2002

At 2002-02-21 16:06 -0800, John W Baxter wrote:
>At 10:23 -0800 2/21/2002, Mike Noyes wrote:
> >It appears that the Python re module is used. Does this mean we can
> >use the Python re module extensions in "Hold posts"?
> >
> >ref.
> >http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/re-syntax.html
> >http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/regex/regex.html
>
>You ought to be able to use regular expressions as they are in the
>version of Python which is in use to run Mailman.  Currently, I think
>that means that the answer is "yes or no" unless we know that version
>number.

John,
Thanks for responding. The Mailman version is 2.0.5 patched by Marc MERLIN
on SourceForge. The Python version is 1.5.

I'd like to use the (?!...) negative lookahead assertion, but I'm not
having much luck. :-(

This string doesn't work correctly.

Note: I'm not very good with regexp, and I have no programming experience
with Python.

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/content.php?menu=1000&page_id=4