[Mailman-Users] Defaults still not working

Jeroen Valcke jeroen.valcke at belnet.be
Mon Feb 25 11:03:17 CET 2002

Hello,

Sometime ago I already posted this problem. I got some suggestions but
no luck resolving the problem.

Apparantly when I add vars to the mm_cfg.py file in the directory
$PREFIX/Mailman these don't get into the Defautls.py file.
Vars like IMAGE_LOGOS, DEFAULT_URL, DEFAULT_HOSTNAME, MAILMAN_OWNER.

Now even worse. I changed some vars in the Defaults.py file -I know this
is not the way it should be done-  For example I changed the IMAGE_LOGOS
and apparantly it gets in the Defaults.pyc file oke. I checked this with
the 'strings' command. However when I reload the page still no images. I
even restarted the webserver (BTW, is this necessary). I even removed
the Defaults.pyc file and when reloading the page I noticed the
Defaults.pyc was regenerated.

What is going on here. This one is driving me crazy. So any help would
be greatly appreciated.

info:
SunOS vivaldi 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
Mailman 2.0.8
Python 2.2

-Jeroen-

jeroen.valcke at belnet.be