[Mailman-Users] webmail issues

webmaster webmaster at carpemail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:27:56 CET 2002

Hello, i am starting a webmail service, we are using  webumake mail
to serve this service.

My service is aimed at a niche market in which yahoo groups are
popular, but webumake mail does not work with yahoo groups, but
webumake support claim it will work will Mailman.

I have setup a test list and tried this, although i have been able to
register and receive the confirmation email, it fails to register new
user and account cannot receive email from list.

The list does work as i have signed up with normal pop account,
webumake give the following reasons why it will not work:

provide the recipient information in the standard headers. We have
developed a method to check the last Received: header element and
check it for the "for" text that on most SMTP servers contains the
recipient (though this isn't where it should appear, it should
_always_ be in the To: or Cc: fields according to RFC's).

If your mail is not being received into WebUMake then the last
for the intended recipient by your SMTP server either and so the
product has no way of knowing who the email is for.

If you can configure mailman to send the emails and include the
recipient in the To: field, or configure your SMTP server to
specifying the "for" element of the Received: header record then
WebUMake Mail will pick it up.

Is there any particular setting i have to change?

many thanks
--
webmaster, webmaster at carpemail.com on 25/02/2002