[Mailman-Users] Transferring Mailman to another box

Paul Schreiber cheesefactory at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 10:05:39 CET 2002

--- Corley Kinnane <Corley.Kinnane at uts.edu.au> wrote:
>     I am trying to transfer a Mailman configuration to another system.
> Currently I've setup Python 1.5.2 and Mailman 2.08 and checked that the
> old aliases file delivers mail.
> Mailman's CGI works fine, subscription to a list works and even sends
> the "reply to"-to-subscribe email to the potential user.
> The problem seems to be in the wrapper, mail to a list just disappears.
> Any Ideas ? , things I should check ?

Try the instructions used for renaming a list:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/listwork/2001-November/001740.html

i.e. issuing move_list and arch commands.

I moved a list, and it took some fiddling to get it working. Upgrading to a
new version of mailman tends to have the side effect of cleaning up some
cruft and getting things going again.

Paul