[Mailman-Users] I Suppose that MailMan doesn't work with IPLANET/NETSCAPE Messaging?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Feb 27 18:57:53 CET 2002

>  Thanks for your comments. At the present I have Iplanet Messaging as
> Mail server and Apache as WebServer.
>
>  The web server component is working Ok. I just followed the
> instructions.
>
>  About the mail server the situation is:
>
>   - The aliases for the mailing list are created.
>   - Every mail for the list is redirected to the wrapper
>   - I`ve tested the redirection of the mail with another script ... and
> it worked.
>   - No error appears on the iplanet logs
>   - No error appears on the Mailman logs
>   - UID`s are correct

I assume you mean GID's here, since mailman does not use UID's but does use
Group ID's to check for rights...

> Anyway ... when I send an email to the list, the users never receive it
> back!
>
> Any idea of what can be wrong, or who can I debug the process?

Did you create a user called mailman and a group called mailman?  Did you
setup the crontab for the user mailman so that it runs qrunner every minute?
What happens when you run qrunner manually (check out the cron entries for
the valid format)?

Jon Carnes