[Mailman-Users] Customizing main listinfo page?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 7 03:13:10 CET 2002

(Disclaimer: have tried searching the archives, but 'listinfo' is a
singularly unproductive search term, due to the footer... :)

I'd like to customize the main listinfo page, the one showing all the lists
on the host. I don't really know python (yet) but I can easily see what the
listinfo.py file is doing, and if I make changes there, they get reflected
in the page.

This doesn't seem like the direction I want to take, as it seems likely that
future upgrades of Mailman may wipe out my changes, so I guess I want to
copy the listinfo.py script to a new file and start again.

My question is, how on earth does this work? When I go to the URL
http://www.mysite.com/mailman/listinfo that is actually referring to the
/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo binary, right?

Is this a compiled python file? Like .pyc files?

The listinfo.pyc and the listinfo file in the cgi-bin aren't the same file
from their sizes, so I'm just wondering how this works, I assume the second
file calls the listinfo.py file somehow... ?

Anyway, I'm about to go searching through the python.org site to get a
better grip on all this, but I guess I was just wondering if anyone had any
simple suggestions for coming up with an alternative listinfo page...

Cheers,

nigel

--
N i g e l   K e r s t e n |  College of Fine Arts,
[Systems Administrator]   |  Uni.of.NSW.Sydney.Australia.

"It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder,
how I keep from going under" - Grandmaster Flash.