[Mailman-Users] how to set password for members?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 05:01:12 CET 2002

When you added the members using "add_members" Mailman assigned random
passwords to each of the people.  You can have Mailman send out the
passwords to each person as you add them.  Since you did not do that, you
can run the Password emailing cron job now, and have Mailman send each user
their current password.

Look in ~mailman/cron for the crontab entries and read the comments to
figure out the exact command to send out the passwords.  There are other
ways of doing this, but that works...

Jon Carnes