[Mailman-Users] listname - first letter capitalized

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jan 10 07:15:19 CET 2002

Terry Davis wrote:

> This seems a bit weird to me.  When I create a new list "foobar-list", the name turns out to be "Foobar-list".  This seems not correct to me. If I type all lower cased, I expect that.  Am I off base here?

    Does it really matter though?  Most MTA's I'm aware of are case insensitive, so sending email to 'foobar-list' or 'Foobar-list' will still go to the same list.  You can always change the case of the list name on the administration page, but as far as your MTA goes, it _shouldn't_ matter.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130