[Mailman-Users] Member Passwords

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Jan 15 06:20:12 CET 2002

At 8:27 -0700 1/14/02, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
># 5 AM on the first of each month, mail out password reminders.
>0 5 1 * * /usr/bin/python -S /people/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
>
>    Change that to whatever time and day you want (read 'man crontab').

And having changed the system clock by a fairly large amount, it would not
hurt to stop and restart cron.  It tends to confuse easily (I had the next
run of an every-five-minute task off in 2030 once...it fired while the
clock was set to sometime in 2030 [it logs; I saw] and seemingly kept the
"when do I do this next" cache when the clock was corrected).

It's quite possible that a system running anacron is harder to confuse.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
[it logs; I saw]...I wonder what the Latin is for "it logs"...vidi is easy