[Mailman-Users] Upgrading from 2.0.5 to 2.0.8

Ash ash at oblique.net
Tue Jan 15 07:55:32 CET 2002

I'm currently running Mailman 2.0.5 on a Solaris 8 box, and am
planning on upgrading it to 2.0.8.

I've noticed that there are patch files available on SourceForge
for the patch command.  After I apply the patch files and run the
"make" and "make install" commands, will this erase the mailing
list data and configuration directories?  Or is there a provision
in the make file for preserving these directories with mailing list
data  (e.g. data/, archives/private/, archives/public/, lists/,
etc...)?

Is there a FAQ on upgrading Mailman or a recommended plan for doing
upgrades on a live installation that doesn't require the erasure
of data?

Thanks,

Ash.