[Mailman-Users] mails not going to other domains

Logu linuxlog at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 07:02:26 CET 2002

hi,
I have installed mailman in madrake 6.0 with sendmail 8.10. Now the problem
is that if a user is from the same domain.com and subscribes using the email
(to list-request at domain.com, sub: subscribe) then s/he is getting a message
for confirmation. If it the email address is from other(domain) email ids
say from
logu at yahoo.com  then the mail asking for confirmation is not coming.
(Same thing happens if I subscribe email-ids with other domain names and
post a message to the list, only members having the mail-id domain.com is
getting mails but others are not getting)

In the maillog. I find this entry. And there is no To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 02:47:01 logumac sendmail[4844]: g0IAl0N04844:
from=<list-admin at domain.com>, size=1609, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=localhost [127.0.0.1]
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the mailman log(~mailman/log/post) I find all thses as failures.

In other machine which works fine. I find the corresponding entry as follows
and there is a To entry for that mail.

Jan 18 14:41:01 mail sendmail[3033]: OAA03033: from=list-admin at domain.com,
size=1772, class=-60, pri=139772, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200201180911.OAA03033 at domain.com>, proto=ESMTP,
relay=IDENT:mailman at localhost [127.0.0.1]

Is that relay=localhost that matters here.?

Expecting your help.
-logu