[Mailman-Users] Duplicate messages with gate_news in 2.0.8

Mike Avery mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
Tue Jan 22 02:51:49 CET 2002

I've been using gate_news to port a number of news
groups to mailing lists.  It's worked well for several
months, up until a week or so ago.  I am using FreeBSD
4.3, Mailman 2.0.8, and Postfix (sorry, I forgot which
version).

Now, I'm re-getting older messages.  Today, the 21st,
I'm getting messages as far back as the 15th and 16th.
I am getting the current messages also.

What's stranger still is that a look in the archives I am
keeping doesn't reveal the duplicate messages.  A look
at the news server doesn't reveal any duplicate
messages either.

I'm kind of stumped as to where to start looking for
the problem.  When I review the mailq, all the messages
look current, and I suppose that's correct in that they
were fetched from the news server today.  Once they
are email messages again, they are outdated.

Any hints greatly appreciated, thanks,
Mike