[Mailman-Users] smrsch, wrapper, and OSX

Dylan Malone dylan at algore04.com
Wed Jan 23 00:36:04 CET 2002

I'm sorry to post back-to-back, I just had a breakthrough.  I finally
got mailman a little more involved in the process, though it's still not
working.  Does this returned message tell anyone anything that can help
me?  (note that I installed mailman somewhere other than the default, I
think OSX didn't like the default location very well)

I read the sendmail readme several times, but I don't seem to have a
smrsch directory, or I'm too ignorant to find it...  It sure sounds like
smrsh is causing me trouble, but i can't understand the readme's
instructions.

"|/library/webserver/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd dylan"
     (reason: service unavailable)
     (expanded from: <dylan-request at algore04.com>)

smrsh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 "|/library/webserver/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd dylan"...
Service unavailable
Reporting-MTA: dns; algore04.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; smtp001.nwlink.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:30:14 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; dylan-request at algore04.com
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 69
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:30:14 -0800 (PST)