[Mailman-Users] Possible bug ? Problems adding addresses with latest CVS (Mailman 2.1a4+)

pjs pjs at isnc.net
Wed Jan 23 20:51:27 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm running the latest CVS version of mailman (call me a risk-taker :)
on a Redhat 7.1 box, and I'm running into the following error when
trying to subscribe a user from the "Membership Management ... Mass
Subscription"
web page:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 86, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 166, in main
    change_options(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 1332, in
change_options
    send_admin_notif)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 778, in
ApprovedAddMember
    self.SendSubscribeAck(email, self.getMemberPassword(email), digest)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Deliverer.py", line 70, in
SendSubscribeAck
    msg.send(self)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 126, in send
    self['Date'] = email.Utils.formatdate(localtime=1)
TypeError: formatdate() got an unexpected keyword argument 'localtime'

So i figured I'd try it from the command line.  Not much luck there, either.
Ended
up with a different error:

root at mail$
./add_members --welcome-msg=y --admin-notify=y --non-digest-members-file=add
y test-list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./add_members", line 272, in ?
    main()
  File "./add_members", line 249, in main
    addall(mlist, nmembers, 0, send_welcome_msg, s)
  File "./add_members", line 157, in addall
    except MMHostileAddress:
NameError: global name 'MMHostileAddress' is not defined

I realize this should probably have gone to the developers list, but I'm not
one,
and am not sure if I'd be welcome there :)

Anyone have any ideas on the above errors ?  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete